Table of Contents Hide
- What is Verizon?
- What is the Verizon Student Discount?
- Who is eligible for the Verizon Student Discount?
- How much does the Verizon Student Discount cost?
- How to Sign Up for the Verizon Student Discount?
- What is the student verification procedure by Verizon?
- What to do after the Verizon Student Discount period ends?
- How to cancel your Verizon account?
- Are there any other Verizon deals available for normal users?
Students can save money in a variety of ways by taking advantage of special deals that are only available to them. Numerous businesses offer eligible college students reduced prices on everything from school supplies to streaming services to make learning a little more affordable and economical. One of these businesses is Verizon, which gives verified Verizon student discounts while they are enrolled. When you sign up for Verizon’s Unlimited mobile and Fios Internet plans, you could save up to $25 per month if you are a student in need of a new internet or cell phone provider.
This Verizon student discount might be just what you need to cut down on your monthly phone bill. Even better, it might also help someone else in your family or social circle save money.
What is Verizon?
Verizon is a company based in the United States that offers broadband, wireless, and cable services. Wireless services, residential and small business services, enterprise services, and partner programs are Verizon’s four business units.
Services and products for wireless and wireline communications geared toward consumers are offered by the Consumer segment.
Video and data services, corporate networking solutions, security, and managed network services, local and long-distance voice services, and network access to deliver various Internet of Things (IoT) services and products are all offered by the Business segment.
The company was established in 1983 and has its main office in New York.
What is the Verizon Student Discount?
On Unlimited plans, eligible students can save up to $25 per month with the Verizon student discount. Plans for 5G Do More, 5G Play More, and 5G Get More are all eligible for this promotion, which costs $45 per month.
On a single line, you can save $10 per month, but if you take out two lines, you can save $25 per month. This offer is limited to one discount per Verizon account, and the eligible student must have a plan account.
Who is eligible for the Verizon Student Discount?
You will need to be actively enrolled in an accredited higher education institution, such as a college or university, to be eligible for the student discount offered by Verizon. Every year, you will be asked to check your enrollment status.
How much does the Verizon Student Discount cost?
Verizon provides eligible students with two significant discounts:
- Up to $25 off every month on Unlimited mobile plans and
- Up to $10 off every month on Fios Internet plans.
What you sign up for determines the specific discount you will receive. Students can save $10 per month for a single line on 5G Do More, 5G Play More, and 5G Get More Unlimited mobile plans or $25 per month for two lines.
Students can save up to $10 per month on Fios Internet when they combine 5G Unlimited plans with it.
How to Sign Up for the Verizon Student Discount?
It is very easy to sign up for a Verizon Student Discount and you will only have to follow these steps-
1. Go to the Verizon student discount site.
2. Click on the ‘Get Started’ option of the plan of your choice.
3. A Verizon Student Verification page will pop up on the screen. UNiDAYS portal is used by Verizon for verification purposes. Click on the Join Now option to create a new account.
4. Enter your e-mail ID and Password and click on Join Now to create a new UNiDAYS account.
5. Further, enter Your full name and the name of your institution, along with the length of your study of the course you are in.
6. In case you are unable to find the name of your institution in the drop-down menu, you can click on the ‘Can’t find your institution’ option. Further, you will be asked to enter your e-mail address issued by the institution to check for your school.
7. UNiDAYS will ask you for a confirmation regarding the institution you are studying in, after which, you will be redirected to the page where you can complete the verification process.
8. You will receive an e-mail confirmation for your account. You can confirm using the link received in your mail.
9. Upon successful confirmation, you will have your Verizon Student Discount account verified by UNiDAYS and you can proceed to the payment procedures.
What is the student verification procedure by Verizon?
Verizon assists in verifying your enrollment status by utilizing UNiDAYS a well-known student discount verification program. It accomplishes this by either requiring you to log into the online portal of your school or verifying your school email address.
You can verify your student status by creating a UNiDAYS ID using your Name and the e-mail ID allotted to you by your institution.
If you do not have an institutional e-mail, you can also opt for manual verification. You will simply have to click on the ‘Veridy with documents’ option in the verification procedure.
Further, you can manually enter the name of your institute and upload documents that prove your enrollment in the institution and wait for their verification. Upon successful verification, you will receive the confirmation on your e-mail address, after which you can continue with your Verizon Student Discount.
What to do after the Verizon Student Discount period ends?
Verizon Student Discount is normally available for a student for 4 years. You will have to renew your verification as a student with the help of UNiDAYS every year.
After the end of the 4-year student discount, you can either choose to continue with Verizon using their normal plans or you can even choose to cancel your Verizon subscription.
From the plans listed above, you can either choose a Verizon-only subscription or you can even go for a Verizon + Disney Plus bundle available.
How to cancel your Verizon account?
If your 4-year Student Discount period has expired and you do not wish to continue using services on Verizon again, you can go for the cancelation of your account, before your student discount period expires.
For canceling your Verizon subscription, follow these steps:
- Go to Verizon’s official website.
- Go to the Support option on the Navigation bar.
- A search bar will appear. Type Cancel and you will be presented with a cancel service guide for customers.
Verizon Wireless or any of the Verizon services like TV, Internet, and Home Services can be canceled only by calling their customer service.
During business hours, you can cancel by calling 1.844.837.2262.
Verizon’s customer care will ask you for your account information, following which, they will cancel your account, upon receiving your confirmation.
You can later go to the My Verizon page and Log In with your Account details to check the status of your plan cancelation.
Are there any other Verizon deals available for normal users?
Some of the recent deals that are being issued by Verizon are:
- S23 Galaxy: with a trade-in, you can save up to $800 and get a free tablet and smartwatch
- Apple Watch for free: with the iPhone 14 series, plus savings of up to $1,000 with a trade
- iPhone 14 Plus at a lower price: $5 per month for an unlimited plan
- Pixel 7 from Google at a lower price: $5 per month on Unlimited Plan
- Exchange broken gadgets: When you trade in a device with a cracked screen, you can save up to $800.
- Change and save: Receive a $500 gift card by porting your phone number (bring your phone)
- Accessory for the phone: when you buy five or more eligible accessories, you can save up to 40%.
Q.1. Is the Verizon Student Discount accessible for teachers?
Ans. Even though they cannot get access to the Student Discount, Teachers who sign up for Unlimited plans from Verizon Wireless can save up to $25. Additionally, they offer discounts of up to $20 on Fios internet plans for educators.
Q.2. What is the cost of the Verzion Student Discount for a college student?
Ans. The monthly discount for a single line is $10, while the monthly discount for two lines is $25.
Q.3. How long does Verizon take to verify the student status?
Ans. When you submit your pay stub or other proof of employment, it may take up to 10 days for your discount eligibility to be verified. After your job status has been confirmed, it may take up to two bill cycles for any discount changes to show up on your monthly payment.
Q.4. Are high school students eligible for the Verizon Student Discount?
Ans. The Verizon discount is only available to students enrolled in a recognized higher education institution. There is also a Verizon Teachers discount available.
Verizon offers unlimited mobile plans to students only at a $25 discount. Not Fios’ residential internet. However, if you meet the requirements, you can apply for their Lifeline discount and receive government-subsidized internet. Alternatively, you can add 5G Home (or 5G Home Plus) to your Unlimited plan.